Frequently Asked Questions
What is a community garden?
Who and how benefits from the URBAN GARDENING project?
A community garden is a single piece of land gardened collectively by a group of people. Community gardens utilize either individual or shared plots on private or public land while producing fruit, vegetables, and/or plants that are grown for attractive appearances.
How is the partnership going to develop the teaching method based on using the garden as a space for education?
People from the groups threatened of exclusion – migrants, seniors, long-term unemployed (especially women), other groups disfavoured in their societies. Moreover, local decision-makers, authorities and organizations connected with the topic of the urban gardens, and last but not least – any members of the local community.
- Through developing training and learning resources which support the professional development of new and existing Practitioners and Educators in the field of adult teaching.
- To actively involve into local milieu people threatened of marginalization.
- To develop a training method, programme and methodology, including the training module, based on activities connected with setting up and maintaining the garden.
- Through testing these resources among a group of trainers and educators.
- Through piloting learning activities involving adult learners in the urban gardens in every partner countries.
We will try to show that establishing and working in the urban gardens is a way to social inclusion, dialogue, sustainable lifestyle, collective knowledge, community spirit and solidarity.
Kick-off meeting November 28-29, 2017
URBAN GARDENING project kick-off meeting in Krakow.
1st phase in the projectJanuary, 2018
Collecting of good practices and resources.
1st Meeting in Istambul.March, 2018
During the meeting of Steering Committee members in Istanbul (Turkey) the partners agreed the structure of the training modules and sessions.
After the meeting of Steering CommitteeMarch, April 2018
all partners are working on the preparing the assigned training sessions.
The partners are preparingMarch, April 2018
their representatives to the active participation in the staff training which will take place from 7th to 12 May 2018 in Czajowice near Krakow (Poland).